Ready for the future of wireless
Imagine having the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, access to over 36,000 web radio stations, audio-described films, online reference tools and rich media content, your own voice recordings and texts, all in the palm of your hand. With its new
lightweight and compact design, VictorReader Stream delivers hours of listening pleasure
— ANYWHERE !
Far more than just another audio player, the new Stream’s wireless capabilities open up the world to people who are blind or visually impaired.
The new Victor Reader Stream is 28% smaller than its predecessor. Its new sleek design is thinner and features rounded shapes, making it more comfortable to hold.
With its new Internet access feature, the Stream can play web radio and opens new possibilities for wireless content access. It also features a louder speaker, superior text-to-speech, and improved recording.
The high contrast, robust, tactile keypad and popular Victor Reader bookshelf navigation still make this Stream the easiest to use hand-held player on the market.
A multimedia library in your pocket
Taking your books, music and much more everywhere you go is so easy with the new Victor Reader Stream’s excellent features:
- Use the online bookshelf to hear your favorite Internet radio station no matter where it is in the world.
- You can now use the power of popular online reference tools like Wikipedia and Wiktionary.
- Supports up to 32GB removable SD cards and external USB flash drives.
- Read books from DAISY libraries: NLS, Bookshare, Learning Ally, and more.
- Download content directly from BookshareTM and NFB-NewslineTM over wireless connection.
- Enjoy books and music from iTunes.
- Play text documents with built-in text-to-speech from Acapela.
Exceptional user friendliness
The new Victor Reader Stream has been designed with user-friendly, real-world features.
- Replaceable battery recharges via your computer USB or USB AC adapter
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack
- Self-voicing controls
- Read at your pace by controlling playback speed
- Sleep key – playback stops if you fall asleep
- Information key announces book title, time elapsed/remaining, total pages and more
- Where Am I key announces reading position such as page, chapter, or song title
- Key describer announces the functions of each key
- High contrast, robust, tactile keypad for ease of use and long-term service
- Free software updates over wireless network
Record audio with a simple touch
Use the built-in mono microphone or your own stereo microphone to record voice notes,
to-do lists, classroom lectures or from a line-in device.
Navigate quickly and easily
The new Stream has simple navigation to deliver the ultimate user experience. Locate files, books, audio recordings quickly and simply with just a key press.
- Browse DAISY books by chapter, section, or phrase
- Move through text files by paragraph, sentence, word
- Go To Page key finds pages just like turning to a specific page in a printed book
- Never lose your place: your Stream automatically resumes where you left off
- Bookmark important passages — even record your own voice annotations
- Navigate MP3 books and music by folder or file
114 x 62 x 18 mm (4.5 x 2.4 x 0.7 in.)
- Weight: 110 g (3.9 oz) including battery
- DAISY formats supported:
2.0, 2.0.2, and ANSI/NISO Z39.86 2002/2005 (DAISY 3)
- Audio formats: MP4-AAC, AMR-WB+, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV
- Text-to-speech: Acapela (2 voices) to play brf, txt, html, xml, DOCX, EPUB
- SD slot supports up to 32GB SDHC cards
- Li-Ion battery: Rechargeable via USB or USB AC adapter
- Recharging time: 5 hours via AC adapter
- Wireless protocol: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Operating time: Up to 15 hours on headphones (may vary depending on content and player settings)
- Built-in speaker and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Micro USB port for connecting to external USB flash drives or computer
- Recording format: PCM, Wav, MP3
- Microphone: Built-in mono and 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Power/data jack: Micro USB
- Firmware upgrade via SD or online
- Real-time clock with date/time announcement